- Preparation of files
Please prepare the files to be printed by us in the following way:
- PDFs for imposition need to be compatible with our drivers and be created from PS files using Adobe Distiller 5.0 or higher; the PDF version must be compatible with PDF 1.3 to 1.6.
- Preferably PDF or PS files (composite).
- Colour run-out to be prepared as a single file.
- Separated files should include traps, whereas in the case of composite files, traps are added at the printing house – so the files should be sent to us without any traps.
- Jobs to be prepared in CMYK colours (all SPOT colours must be run out to CMYK).
- Black to be overprinted from the application.
- The total of surface coverage on four colour separations (depending on the printing substrate) for offset sheet printing must be 280-320%, and for offset web printing 260-300%.
- Fonts should be attached to the file or converted into curves.
- Text with the size lower than 8 should be prepared in one colour, the same is true for contrast.
- White cannot be an additional colour (SPOT) and cannot contain an overprint attribute.
- PDF files cannot include ICC profiles or be created for the OPI server.
- Graphic elements and text to be positioned at least 4 mm from the trim edge.
- Pages to have at least a 3mm bleed, or a 5mm bleed if perfect binding is to be used.
- Black tint plate should not be made of only one colour. We suggest adding 30% of blue.
- Page sizes to be the same across the entire publication. They should contain trimming lines added automatically in the design software (set to job format after edging).
- For perfect binding, the inside pages of the cover, as well as the adjacent pages, are reduced by 3 mm (side gluing width). It also concerns the folded pages inside the publication, on which the image size is reduced by 2 mm. In both cases, the offset of the joined image must be taken into account in the file.
- For jobs to be glued on a printing press, inline gluing of 2 mm in the spine must be taken into account.
- For wire stitch binding, the gradation of the internal and external margin, caused by “pushing out” of internal folded sheets, must be taken into consideration. Each page must be saved as a separate file, and have an easily identifiable name, such as 01, 02, 03 page01, page02 etc. Do not use long file names, containing too much information. For corrected pages, add ‘–pop’ to the source file name. Sending corrections with the same name is not acceptable.
- All pictures must have resolution of at least 225 dpi.
- Ruling, resolution, and screen angles are set at the printing house (those set in the job are ignored).
- Each time you send files to an FTP, please confirm it by email or telephone.
- Only complete files delivered by the contractual deadline and not needing any corrections shall be considered as delivered within agreed time. When delivering materials by the Internet, include time required for them to be sent to the printing house.
- Sending materials
- Materials are to be supplied with the use of the FTP protocol (File Transfer Protocol) to the following server: ftp.ortis.com.pl; IP: 18.104.22.168. Details needed to access the server – the login and password – are provided by the technician from the Customer Service Department.
- Digital materials may also be supplied on common digital data carriers, formatted on PC systems (CD-ROM, DVD, pendrive). We never download any files from a Customer’s server nor send or receive files by email.
- Regardless of the type of carrier used, please attach contact information (for instance, in a text file) for the person responsible for the project, and any comments you may have.
- Preferred postscript files:
- Files created with the use of a driver (APOGEE X) – drivers can be found on the FTP;
- jobs prepared in CMYK, composite;
- black colour overprint;
- 5mm bleeds.
- Once we have completed edition, we will send you impositions for acceptance.
Please discuss with our technician responsible for your project the way of
acceptance, which can be as follows:
- imposition prints – we send them to you by mail or otherwise, and after you have checked them, please sign and return to us to confirm that you want to proceed with the printing.
- imposition files are available for download from your folder on the FTP or, in special cases, by email.
- When checking the material, please pay attention to the following:
- arrangement of pages (order);
- position of columns on the page, i.e. if they are ‘straight’ or if there are suitable bleeds, if the text is not cut;
- have the corrections been implemented;
- is the quality of pictures and text good enough;
- does the text not cover any graphics.
- The material is accepted by returning signed prints or sending a confirmation email that the project sent as a file has been edited correctly. Please remember to include information about which project the material belongs to, either in the text of the message or in its subject line.
If you have any questions, please contact us
Tel: +48 52 582 07 48; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we have completed edition, we will send you impositions for acceptance. Please discuss with our technician responsible for your project the way of acceptance, which can be as follows: